Monday, October 29, 2012

Emergency Landing KLAX

I had an emergency  landing as a passenger with Aeromexico flight 664.
 
Cruising well, until a flight attendant told me to move up front because they were going to use the entire three seats in my roll to lay a pregnant women down.
 
 I was enjoying the night view at around 36,000 feet, knowing how the pilot climbed a little to avoid some mid turbulence. As I was drinking coffee, I visually saw one flight attendant in  a hurry, she was trying to get something done fast. I knew it was serious. It happen, a pregnant female was having problems, that of labor symptoms. And so we ended up landing to the nearest airport which was Los Angeles International. I have never been on a commercial flight that required a diversion due to an emergency with a passenger, and might not be the last one.
It was nice that the number one priority for the flight crew was to get the emergency passenger medical assistance as soon as possible. 
 
Then calculating the diverted route with  an  average delay of three hours due to waiting in the ground for refueling the 737 and then the busy airport departure flow. But at the end of the night, early morning, it felt good driving back to sleep.
 
 
Aircraft type: Boeing 737-700
Flight: AM664
Original Route: MEX-SFO
Departure: 8:20 PM (Mexico City)  =  6:20 PM PDT
Diverted Route: MEX-LAX-SFO
Arrival : 12:25 AM PDT